What is Hand in Hand?
- Hand in Hand is India China Combined Military Training Exercise that commenced on 12 Oct.
- This was the fifth joint counter terrorist exercise.
- Participating troops from both sides had trained together and learned from each other in mixed groups on Basic Individual Skills (combat boxing, basic mountaineering and shooting), Comprehensive Combat Skills (obstacle crossing, combat shooting, demolition, high intensity physical training) and unit/ sub unit tactics, especially in a counter terrorism scenario.
- A joint field exercise depicting counter terrorist operations on India China border areas was held from 21 to 22 Oct to validate the exercise objectives. A series of challenging tactical situations were presented to validate the reactions of the sub-units and a very high level of professionalism and coordination was seen among troops of both the armies.
Where was it held?
- Hand in Hand was held at Kunming Military Academy, Yunnan, China.
Objectives of this military exercise?
- To exchange experience on counter-terrorist training and conducting counter-terrorist operations.
- Enhance mutual trust and understanding and promote healthy military relations between the two armies.
Vision & Conclusion
- Intimate understanding and goodwill generated during the exercise will go a long way in further strengthening military bonds between both armies and has helped in understanding each other’s organization and conduct of counter terrorist operations.
- It shows the power of both countries to fight terrorism together and highlights the determination and vision of both countries to maintain regional security, stability and develop a conducive environment for development.